11:00 AM to 2:00 PM Sun, Jul 23, 2017
Venue: Renwood Winery
$60 per person
Prior reservations required
The dance between a great meal and a wonderful wine can simply take your breath away. Our goal is to guide our guests down the path of creating a successful food and wine pairing. Learn how to identify flavors and nuances in wine and match them with complementary flavors found in food. This "Class in a Glass" will help build your knowledge of general wine and food pairing basics and explore a detailed deconstructed pairing so that you may begin to gain the tools you need in order to enhance your dining experiences.
Tickets are $60 per guest. Tickets include the "How to Pair" class followed by lunch and a glass of wine.
This is an exclusive Members Only event that is not open to the public. Space is limited and advanced reservations are required. Tickets are charged at the time of booking. All attendees must be 21 years of age or older. We do apologize but due to the adult nature of the party, we will not be able to accommodate guests under the age of 21. To RSVP, please contact Jennifer Hunt, Wine Club Manager, at 209-245-6979 ext. 217 or email@example.com.
How it works:
- Explain the importance of pairings. i.e. how a $100 dollar meal can ruin a wine.
- Explore and explain the general guidelines for food and wine pairings.
- Each guest will receive a flight of 3 wines and 3 deconstructed pairings, each brought out separately followed by the complete pairing.
- Each food component will be tasted individually with the wine.
- Note pads will be provided and likes, dislikes and observations will be discussed as a group and explained.
- Each pairing will be tasted in full with the corresponding wine and discussed.
* If for any reason you should need to cancel your reservation, please contact us by phone a minimum of 7 days prior to the event to receive a full refund.