Drunken Watermelon Salad with Strawberries, Basil & Rosé
- 1 bottle chilled Renwood Rosé
- 8 cups cubed, chilled watermelon
- 2 cups washed, hulled strawberries cut in ½
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp pink peppercorns or 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black lava salt or coarse sea salt
- 4 chilled bowls or 1 large, chilled serving bowl
Distribute the fruit evenly into 4-6 chilled individual serving bowls or into one large, chilled serving bowl. Top the fruit with torn basil. For individual servings, pour ½ cup chilled Rosé on the fruit per bowl. For a large serving, pour 2-1/2 cups of Rosé on the fruit. Feel free to add a little more Rosé if needed. Sprinkle evenly with pink peppercorns and black lava salt. Serve immediately with more chilled Rosé, of course.
For a printable card, click here.