Heirloom Tomato Salad with Oranges, Goat Feta, Olives and Tarragon
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula or spinach
- 4 large, ripe heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 8 ozs goat feta or chevre, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsps fresh tarragon leaves or ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted Nicoise, Gaeta or Kalamata olives
In a small bowl, dress the arugula lightly with vinaigrette, reserving the remainder for the tomatoes and oranges. Season dressed arugula with Sea Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. Arrange tomatoes and oranges alternately on a chilled serving platter or 4 chilled salad plates. Drizzle liberally with vinaigrette. Distribute the dressed arugula, olives and feta evenly over the plates. Sprinkle with tarragon leaves or basil. Season with Sea Salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, orange zest, Dijon mustard, honey and shallots. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
For a printable card, click here.