Venison Carpaccio Celeriac Vinaigrette, Apple Julienne, and Juniper Berries
- 2 ozs Venison Carpaccio, fresh daily, plated
- 1 oz Celeriac Vinaigrette
- 2 ozs Granny Smith Apples, julienne
- 2 ozs Parsley Root, brunoise and sweated
- 1 oz Curly Parsley, fired crispy
- 1/2 tsp Juniper Berries, powdered
- 1 oz Brunoise Potatoes, crispy
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- Have your butcher thinly slice the venison, and place one single layer on a large plate.
- Season the venison with salt and pepper, then brush the venison with vinaigrette.
- Garnish with apple, parsley root, fried potatoes, juniper berries, and curly parsley.
- Clean plate and serve immediately
Yield: 1 ¼ cup
1 lb Celery Root, peeled and diced ¼”
3 cups Vegetable Stock
6 oz Cider Vinegar
2 oz Dijon Mustard
9 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
9 oz Vegetable Oil
Salt and White Pepper
- Begin by placing the celery root and vegetable stock in a thick bottom sauce pan and bring to simmer.
- Cook the celery root until tender and liquid is reduced by ½.
- Remove celery root from liquid and place in a blender.
- Add a small amount of cooking liquid, and begin to blend.
- Add vinegar and mustard, and at high speed emulsify the oils.
Juniper Berry Garnish
1 pt dry juniper berries
¼ cup brandy
1 cup apple cider
1 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a pan and simmer about 20 minutes until almost dry. Remove from pan and cool.
- Place in oven on low temperature and dry for 45-50 minutes.
- Chop with knife to fine consistency.