Zin-Fully Garlic-Ginger BBQ Sauce
- 3 tbsps Salted stick butter
- 1 cup Yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsps Shallot, minced
- 2 tbsps Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Renwood Premier Old Vine Zinfandel
- 2 tbsps Mirin sweet rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps Hot soy dumpling sauce, low sodium
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps Green onions, diced
- 2 tbsps Ginger, minced
- 1 cup Hot and spicy ketchup
- 1 tbsp Turbinado sugar
Add butter to a sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the yellow onion, shallot and garlic. Cook for 6 - 8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add the wine, mirin, dumpling sauce, Worcestershire, green onions, ginger, ketchup and sugar. Bring to a slow boil for 2 minutes, reduce heat, cover and simmer for
15 minutes. Let cool in freezer for 5 minutes and then add to the food processor and puree until just smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
Note: should hot and spicy ketchup not be available, use 1 cup ketchup and add in 1 - 3 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce. Add one teaspoon at a time, stir and taste. Add more for additional spice.
For a printable card, click here.