Zinfandel & Beef Chili
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 yellow or white onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 lb lean (at least 80/20) ground beef
- 1 cup Renwood Premier Old Vine Zinfandel
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Northern white beans
- 2 1/2 tbsps chili powder
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Beef broth (optional)
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapeños/avocado, chopped cilantro, etc. for topping
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Add onions and bell peppers. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown and softened. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
Add ground beef; break apart with a wooden spoon and cook 10 minutes until browned.
Pour in Premier Old Vine Zinfandel. Increase heat to high; boil 10 minutes, stirring often and scraping up any bits that stick to bottom of pan. Reduce heat to a simmer.