Renwood Vintage Port & Honey Roasted Strawberries
- 16 ozs fresh, ripe strawberries, washed, patted dry and untrimmed
- 2 tbsps Renwood Vintage Port
- 2 tbsps local honey, depending on the desired amount of sweetness for end product
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
1. Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or use an un-greased 9”x13”x2” baking dish made from glass, stainless steel or ceramics.
3. Place baking sheet in preheated oven. Drizzle strawberries with Port, honey and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast about 20 to 30 minutes until strawberries are soft and juices thicken to a glaze. Watch the edges of the pan, occasionally stirring the strawberries gently to avoid scorching.
4. Remove from oven. Cool in the baking sheet, reserving juices. Remove stems and discard. Cut large strawberries in half and leave whole if small. Place the roasted strawberries with pan juices into a large bowl. Stir in a few drops of balsamic vinegar to taste. Use immediately or refrigerate covered for up to 4 days.
Top a Chocolate-Hazelnut Dessert Pizza or a Savory Pizza Bianca with Gorgonzola & Bacon
Toss into a Salad of Baby Spinach, Feta, Blue or Goat Cheese, Pistachios & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Entertain with Whipped Feta, Roasted Strawberry & Basil Crostini
Serve Warm over Vanilla Bean or Chocolate Ice Cream
Garnish Dessert Bites, French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles or Crepes
Embellish Grilled Cheese Sandwiches or Chocolate Panini
Accompany Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken
Picnic with Baguette, Double or Triple Cream Brie & Baby Arugula Sandwiches
Roasted Strawberries Complement Handcrafted Cheeseboards Paired with Renwood Wines
Fromager D’Affinois, Orland Farmstead Creamery or Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc, Shaft’s Bleu Veined Cheese, Aged Mountain Gorgonzola or Gorgonzola Dolce, Jollity Farms Chevre, Cypress Grove Chevre: Midnight Moon, Purple Haze, Humboldt Fog or Bermuda Triangle