Grilled Fig, Prosciutto, and Chèvre Salad
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 12 fresh figs, halved (may substitute dried figs)
- 3 ozs chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsps chopped fresh chives
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 ozs thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended.
Drizzle 3 tablespoons vinaigrette over fig halves, and reserve remaining dressing
Grill figs, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat, and cut fig halves in half. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Combine chèvre and next 3 ingredients in a food processor. Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
Toss greens with remaining vinaigrette. Spoon chèvre mixture in the center of each plate. Top with figs, prosciutto, and greens.