Salted Pistachio Aillade
- 1/3 cup shelled, salted pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsps ice cold water, strained
- 2 tsps Grappa, Nocino or Brandy (substitute citrus juice or champagne vinegar if desired)
- 1/2 cup pistacio or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground white or black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
Using a blender or food processor, process pistachios into a purée. While blending, add garlic, cold water and Brandy. Process for 5 to 10 seconds, blending all ingredients together. With the food processor running, add the pistachio oil in a thin stream until all is incorporated. Allow the sauce to sit for one hour for the flavors to develop.
Creatively experiemnt by adding 1 teaspoon of orange or lemon zest for a little zing.
For a printable card, click here.