Syrah Marinade for Steak or Lamb
- 3 lbs whole tenderloin, flank or skirt steak, or leg of lamb, lamb chops, etc.
- 1 wine glass Renwood Syrah
- 3/4 cup Colinas de Garzon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps to ¼ cup Dijon
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 tsp sea salt or Kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Lavender or Wildflower Honey or Brown Sugar
Place meat in a shallow 9”x13”x2” glass or stainless steel baking dish. Whisk together all remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour marinade over beef or lamb. Turn meat. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Turn meat a few times while marinating. Grill over hot coals to desired temperature. Serve with Syrah, of course! Try this delicious marinade on grilled portabella mushrooms for vegetarians.
Cook time is the total marinade time. Grill times will vary depending on the meat you are cooking and cooking tempurature.