Thanksgiving Syrah & Cider Sangria
- 4 1/2 cups apple cider (non alcoholic)
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 allspice berries
- 1 apple - cored and sliced thin
- 1 red bartlett pear - cored and sliced thin
- 12 ozs seedless grapes
- 1 bottle of 2016 Renwood Syrah
- 1/2 cup Cointreau or triple sec
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla
- Serving size 10
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 10 minutes
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the apple cider and sugar over medium heat till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, and allspice berries. Bring the mixture to a boil. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Strain the cider.
- Place the sliced fruit and grapes into the bottom of a sangria pitcher. Pour in the strained cider, red wine, Cointreau or triple sec, brandy, and vanilla. Stir.
- Chill the sangria for at least 3 hours, up to overnight. Stir again before serving. Pour sangria and a few pieces of fruit into each glass. Keep in mind that this sangria is sweet. Cut the added sugar if you prefer.